A Place Called Home

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States

I am a wife of 40years and a mother of six, mother-in-law to four, and grandmother to fifteen. I completed my 24 years of homeschooling. I have lived many years of my adult life in Italy and Greece.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Busy Spring






It's been a while since I've posted last and I am resolved to do better with keeping friends and family up to date with the blessings in our lives. It may take a while but I will backtrack when necessary to get caught up. In the meantime I will write about our wonderful Easter weekend, after our perfect Florida vacation. We left last Sunday after worship and drove to my sister, Kathi's home in Birmingham. We enjoyed our time there so much. We walked over to Applebee's for dinner and took a walk aroung the lovely outdoor mall across from her home. The following morning we left to drive the remaining way to my sister Karen's home in Tallahassee. Our week was spent on an all day fishing trip out on Uncle David's boat (the boys caught 18 4-5 pound catfish)! They helped filet them and we brought many meals worth packed in ice in a cooler back home with us.We spent one day at Wakulla Springs and rode the river boat and ate at the Lodge. We spent several hours at the Tallahassee Museum where I went many times as a child, visiting the Pioneer village, and an old schoolhouse for African-American children--along with seeing many wild animals in the nature preserve. One day we visited the State Capital building, riding the elevator up to the 22 floor and seeing the city from up high. We ate at Harry's Bar and Grille and then visited the Museum of Arts and Sciences which the boys thoroughly enjoyed with all the many hands on learning areas. We shared an evening with Aunt Zula and Uncle Joe, and cousins...and visited the graves of grandparents, great- grandparents and great-great grandparents. The morning the boys went fishing I spent driving around taking pictures of our homes there, my parents home, etc. I hope to scrapbook some for the children so these times are not forgotten as our family is gradually drifting away from this area.The boys were able to visit Aunt Karen's classroom and play on her new "Smart Board". They thought that was pretty amazing! We arrived home Friday night, not five minutes before my house guests all arrived. Katie, Tim and children, Chelsea, Justin and my sister, Kathi, were all here for a weekend visit. Kathi left the following morning to drive on to Searcy, and everyone else is here until Monday. Jaime, my niece who now lives with us, arrived back on Saturday afternoon. We have dyed eggs, I finished sewing Maria's Easter dress, made a bunny cake, eaten fried catfish and hush puppies, played Scrabble and croquet, had an Easter egg hunt,attended worship together, munched on goodies in our baskets from the Easter Bunny, and eaten a huge meal and then leftovers. What a blessing it has all been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home