A Place Called Home

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States

I am a wife of 40years and a mother of six, mother-in-law to four, and grandmother to fifteen. I completed my 24 years of homeschooling. I have lived many years of my adult life in Italy and Greece.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas 2007






It has been a long time since my last post, but only because life has been full and wonderful. We are now back home and enjoying being back with our friends and family. There is so much to get caught up on--especially enjoying having my children near by. We have been so blessed this Christmas season. We spent the day all together with Terry's Dad and Lora, his sister and her family, and all of my brood. My family was all together in Florida this Christmas. I sure wished I could have been in two places at once!! Our day started with Gabriel running through the newspaper and is just now coming to a close... after one last game of Mad Gab and Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? The boys were surprised by Santa with new full size bicycles (they found theirs had shrunk after six months in Italy), board games, and soccer balls. Terry has gifted me with a new Stainless steel gas stove, new couch and loveseat for the den...and a new Kia Sorento ! Our first new car in 25 years. I already knew how blessed I was, now I just feel spoiled. I have promised to find ways to put it all to good use. Making lunch today with four working burners was a true joy!! We talked to Brandon and Kristin today and their first Christmas in Sicily was a good one. Fellow believers shared their holiday with them. We sure did miss having them with us, but we are so proud of their willingness to serve. To my dear friends who still check this blog, MERRY CHRISTMAS! Hopefully life will settle down into a nice routine and I can get caught up with my friendships. May God bless you all in the upcoming new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home