A Place Called Home

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States

I am a wife of 40years and a mother of six, mother-in-law to four, and grandmother to fifteen. I completed my 24 years of homeschooling. I have lived many years of my adult life in Italy and Greece.

Monday, May 15, 2006


My new passport arrived in the mail today. Only six weeks until we leave for Italy. I'm excited to be travelling and seeing new places, but I have very mixed feelings about leaving the boys with their sister and brother-in-law. I know they will have a wonderful time, but I will really miss them. I will miss laying in the bed with them in the mornings, talking. I will miss working on our memory verses on our way to Bethel. I will miss curling up on the couch with them and reading together.I will miss hearing their laughter as they jump and dive in the swimming pool. I hate it that we will not be there when Brandon flies home from China. But on a more positive note, I will enjoy time alone with Terry. I will enjoy seeing incredible works of art, instead of helping little ones match art postcards with the real thing. I will enjoy visiting with old friends .I will enjoy sitting in the Piazza Repubblica with a drink, reading the paper and I will enjoy working along side of my husband. He is never happier than when he is back home in Italy. Lord willing, this time we'll have before the group arrives will allow us to work out some of the details of our upcoming return to Italy.

Open my heart, and you will see, engraved inside it, Italy. Robert Browning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home