A Place Called Home

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States

I am a wife of 40years and a mother of six, mother-in-law to four, and grandmother to fifteen. I completed my 24 years of homeschooling. I have lived many years of my adult life in Italy and Greece.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Busy Weekend







The sun has set on another Sunday and I'm ready for a quiet week. We had two soccer games and a wedding shower, followed by a dinner engagement on Saturday.We had 10 for Sunday lunch, followed by a dessert fellowhip tonight after church.I'm looking forward to starting our new school year in the morning, and the routine it brings to our day. It's always exciting to me when I write up the next years goals and curriculum plan. There are so many fun activities to look forward to, and it is a joy to watch the boys make discoveries on their own. My goal for Jordan this year is to encourage a love for learning. With my "abstract" style versus his "concrete" style of learning I am going to have to adapt, and that is difficult for me to say the least:) What worked for five before him, does not work for him. Jordan picked out three new Magic Treehouse books that we will be reading at bedtime for the next couple of weeks. Please pray that he will continue to persevere and that he can feel successful in his studies. Brandon has his tickets back to China and will be flying back on the 27th. We will all miss him, but we are so proud of his faithfulness and willingness to serve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home