A Place Called Home

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States

I am a wife of 40years and a mother of six, mother-in-law to four, and grandmother to fifteen. I completed my 24 years of homeschooling. I have lived many years of my adult life in Italy and Greece.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

New Friends and Good Fellowship

On Thursday of this week some friends of friends came to stay for a couple of nights to tour our campus. They were both homeschool families who shared many of our same expeiences and we had a delightful visit while they were here. It is always such an encouragement to have the chance to talk with other "like-minded" women. They had brought with them two big bags of homemade yeast rolls, cinnamon rolls (compliments of Sheri...they were wonderful!!) and some apple butter, and then upon their departure gave us a gift certificate to our favorite seafood restaurant and a lovely leather journal (and that was kind of funny, after admitting to them the day before how I never wrote more than a couple of pages before losing them:) I will try hard to hang on to this one. Then last night we invited a new family at church and their two sons, and a new English teacher and my friend, Linda, over to share a meal. We had such a good time of sharing and getting to know one another. We are beginning a new ladies class on Wednesday night which I am so excited about, and these women will be apart of our new class. These last few days have been such busy ones but I start the new week feeling so encouraged by these new friends God has put into my life. Until my son-in-law comes to visit my blog will be pictureless:( I've had to switch computers and I'm clueless on this one. Come see us Katie, Tim and Gabriel!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home