A Place Called Home

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States

I am a wife of 40years and a mother of six, mother-in-law to four, and grandmother to fifteen. I completed my 24 years of homeschooling. I have lived many years of my adult life in Italy and Greece.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Rainy Morning

I love rainy school mornings. We curled up on the couch and read about Pharoahs and Egypt, and about how when the Pharoah's men fought the rebellious Nubians they counted the dead by counting their chopped off hands (the boys at 7 and 8 found this fascinating!). For our morning devotions we are reading "Wisdom With the Millers", and then on to "Mountain Born", the story of a boy and his "cossett"lamb, where they were fascinated by the description of how a lamb's tail is docked, painted with pine tar, etc. I should mention that this weekend we went and saw "How To Eat Fried Worms". Life with school-age boys seems to be filled with a lot of "snails and puppy dog tails", and not as much "sugar and spice, and everything nice". Chelsea and Justin came over for a visit this afternoon (she had some business on campus) and we went out to Catfish Cabin with them ( thanks to my generous houseguests:) for dinner before they had to head home. I got phone calls from all of my children today, and an e-mail from Brandon in China. That always puts joy in our days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home