A Place Called Home

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States

I am a wife of 40years and a mother of six, mother-in-law to four, and grandmother to fifteen. I completed my 24 years of homeschooling. I have lived many years of my adult life in Italy and Greece.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Homeschoolers Thanksgiving Day



For the past month the boys have been meeting each Friday with two other families to study the lives of Indians, Pilgrims, and Thanksgiving Day. Today we all came together for a day of feasting, singing "We Gather Together", reading of the Scriptures, and prayer.After some wonderful food we took a hayride through the fields. It was a beautiful Fall day, and I was so grateful for the chance to share it with my friends.Julie, now a precious Mama of four, was a student of ours in Italy almost 20 years ago.I am very appreciative of the chance to see her grow into such a fine wife and mother. This evening, after everyone had left to return home, our daughter Chelsea called to tell us their dog, Afro, had died while they were gone. It is so hard to bear your child's broken heart, no matter how old they are.We will all miss that sweet, ACTIVE dog, who brought Chelsea and Justin a lot of joy.Jon's here for the night, so the boys are momentarily distracted from their sadness over Afro. Big brothers show up at just the right time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home