A Place Called Home

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States

I am a wife of 40years and a mother of six, mother-in-law to four, and grandmother to fifteen. I completed my 24 years of homeschooling. I have lived many years of my adult life in Italy and Greece.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Two Little Indians

This afternoon, for three hours, Jordan and Christian had a special "unit study" on the Indians out at the Blackwelders place in the country. Dana had put so much work into her day. They each had a special notebook to put their papers in.We set up their tepee. They made necklaces with real bison teeth, sewed together canoes, made coup sticks with feathers, made headdresses, made small tepees, made fry bread (served with apple cider),played two Indian games, ran races, and rode horses. They were busy every second. It helped having just eight children total (Julie joined us with Ellie, Ivy, Owen and baby Oliver).It was a beautiful Fall day in which I was especially grateful for friends who are kindred spirits.Today was also extra special because Chelsea celebrated her 21st birthday AND I got to talk to Brandon in China AND my big brother, Kenny, called me from Texas and he sounded wonderful (he's been in Nigeria for over 20 years, so phone calls are far and few between.)We are blessed. Now, all I have to do is come up with an incredible two hour program on the Pilgrims for my part next Friday. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home