A Place Called Home

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States

I am a wife of 40years and a mother of six, mother-in-law to four, and grandmother to fifteen. I completed my 24 years of homeschooling. I have lived many years of my adult life in Italy and Greece.

Friday, June 29, 2007

The Hammock


Yesterday our villa owner, Alberto, hung a new hammock in the garden for us. I never realized how entertaining a hammock could be to two small boys. They spent well over two hours laying in it side by side talking--occasionally rolling each other out of it. It was a beautiful summer day. The bees were buzzing around the beds of blooming lavender, the cicadas were making their noises, and a cool wind was blowing.And the boys laid there talking...quietly. Miracles do happen. If you take children away from noisy tv sets, computers and telephones they learn to adapt to silence. Why didn't I figure this out years ago?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home