A Place Called Home

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States

I am a wife of 40years and a mother of six, mother-in-law to four, and grandmother to fifteen. I completed my 24 years of homeschooling. I have lived many years of my adult life in Italy and Greece.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Brandon and Kristin's Wedding

I realize it has been quite a while since a post, but life has been even busier than usual. The entire event went perfectly, with the exception of a terrible car accident Roy (Kristin's father) was involved in the Wednesday afternoon before the wedding. We thank God for his mercy and for the inner strength Roy had. He managed to walk his beautiful daughter down the aisle (with his son walking protectively behind him), though he had only just been released from a hospital bed. The latest news is that he has recuperated amazingly well. Again, we give thanks. There was a lingerie shower on Wednesday night, a lovely bridal dinner on Thursday night, followed by our rehearsal dinner on Friday night. The weather cooperated beautifully, there was a nice cool breeze, and it was a wonderfully relaxing evening, outdoors, with Josh Grobin playing in the background, Terry singing and playing the guitar, and Brandon and his groomsmen entertaining us with songs from their teen years. My dear friend, Mona Lee, served by my side, along with my amazing son-in-laws and daughters. It was a family effort and our gift from the heart to Brandon and his new bride. The Barnes' did a beautiful job organizing a beautiful day. The flowers were exquisite, the ceremony and vows meaningful, and the reception lovely...or so I hear. I never got a chance to enjoy the food, but I heard it was delicious. They left in a Cinderella carriage. They are now safely settled in Florence, Italy, after a few days at a bed and breakfast and one night in Rome. They are enjoying gelati and pizzas, and married life in their frist home. We will be seeing them in less than three weeks, so we feel especially blessed to spend time with them in one of the world's most beautiful cities. Thank you again to all of our dear friends and family that blessed all of us, and especially Brandon, with your love and support as he starts out his new work on the mission field.