A Place Called Home

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States

I am a wife of 40years and a mother of six, mother-in-law to four, and grandmother to fifteen. I completed my 24 years of homeschooling. I have lived many years of my adult life in Italy and Greece.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

A Son in China


I just got off the phone with my son, Brandon. He is teaching history and the message of hope to the people of Wuhan, China. Lord willing, in only six weeks he will be returning to the States for about six months. At that time he will be moving to Italy to do full-time mission work, in the land of his childhood. He is ready to be home for a while, and we are ready to see him. Much has changed in our lives since he left last August. We have had a graduation, the birth of his first nephew, and a wedding. He's missed a family Christmas, and been greatly missed by his two little brothers. I know what a sacrifice that has been for him- my little boy who always hated change and who was naturally cautious. Through seeking God's will, and not his own, he has been stretched in many ways. He has had to depend on God to meet him when he's lonely and discouraged. He has had to turn to His word when he doesn't have the answers. I believe I understand in a very small way what our Father must feel when we leave this life and come home to Him. What a reunion that will be.
"When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be,
when we all see Jesus, we'll sing and shout the victory...
Let us then be true and faithful, trusting , serving every day,
just one glimpse of Him in glory will the toils of life repay..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home