A Place Called Home

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States

I am a wife of 40years and a mother of six, mother-in-law to four, and grandmother to fifteen. I completed my 24 years of homeschooling. I have lived many years of my adult life in Italy and Greece.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Birthday and Burnt Chicken


Saturday was a special day as I was woken up by Terry and the boys with breakfast in bed (Terry had bought biscuits and sausage gravy at Jack's), two wonderful cards and a a beautiful set of candles.We headed into Jackson for the day and visited Hobby Lobby and Books-a-Million( I found the newest issue of Creative Needle, their baby issue)...and then had a wonderful lunch at Red Lobster. We went and picked up our family ornament for the year (the antique radio from Hallmark)and then headed home. In the evening we piled in the car and headed out to Chickasaw for the light display. We came home and watched "Over the Hedge", visited with Grandpa, and then I sat down to read several of my favorite blogs.There are several "crafty sewing" ones I especially enjoy.I've recently organized my sewing room and have gotten some aprons and baby gifts madeand I'm still needing to put the boys names on their new robes.Anyway, while reading www.pleasantviewschoolhouse.blogspot.com I decided to put chicken on to boil for chicken salad- Sunday lunch.Well, an hour later, after a child came in throwing up, followed by a birthday phone call from another child, I smelled smoke. Heavy acrid smoke:)I now have one less kitchen towel, an empty can of Febreze (my husband got a bit ambitious), one less pan, and a burnt porch railing.And NO Sunday lunch!Next time I'll focus on the precious felt Christmas ornaments on www.allsorts.typepad.com! Oh, for those who have asked. Our house is to finally close on Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home