A Place Called Home

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States

I am a wife of 40years and a mother of six, mother-in-law to four, and grandmother to fifteen. I completed my 24 years of homeschooling. I have lived many years of my adult life in Italy and Greece.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Time in Memphis


Last week we went to visit Chelsea and Justin after Sunday morning church services. We got there in time to visit a while and then went to church at Great Oaks. Brandon and Kristin had spent the weekend with them and Jon was passing through on his way back to Nashville. After church we went to a deli for dinner. It was a lot of fun catching up on the wedding plans, etc. Terry went on home and the boys and I stayed on until Tuesday afternoon. We helped Chelsea with some Spring cleaning, mulched the flowerbeds and even got some terra cotta planters made up with hydrangeas for her front porch area. They turned out really cute on each end of her double white rocker. Her house looked so great that it was kind of hard to go home to my" not so sparkling house":) This weekend we got a lot done here at home. I cleaned out the garage, reorganized the classroom, Terry repaired some damaged wood on the garage, we put down seed and fertilizer, and I made planters of hydrangeas for my front porch. The boys helped me put around our Easter decorations, so now it really feels like springtime. I weeded through boxes of clothes of the boys, passing bags on to friends, and packed the boys suitcases of their winter clothes for our upcoming move. Now I just hope I have some energy to teach the boys in the morning! I am so thankful for good health and energy, and for the time to spend getting my home in order. Having the gift of time is more and more precious to me. I think Terry and I are both realizing at the same time, that not only do we have a son getting married May 5, but we also are moving to Italy in less than three months and there is quite a bit to do before our plane takes off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home