A Place Called Home

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States

I am a wife of 40years and a mother of six, mother-in-law to four, and grandmother to fifteen. I completed my 24 years of homeschooling. I have lived many years of my adult life in Italy and Greece.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Church at Omonia Square

This evening we went to worship with our friends at Omonia square in Athens, Greece. They have a Greek service from10-12, a Bulgarian service from 1-3, a Russian service from 4-6 and then an English service from 6-8. We were able to see several friends from our years in Greece. It was wonderful to see those who are still faithful even in the midst of very difficult circumstances. The Lord's table was presided over by a Bulgarian, Greek, American and an Egyptian. The three men worshipping next to me were trying so hard to understand the English, but their first language was Farsi, as they were from Iran. Daniel, from Ghana, passed out songbooks. There were Filipinos, Sudanese, Russians--and several old friends from the States. The Lord's supper is always especially meaningful when shared with these brethren. We all hold the bread, and when everyone has a piece we take it together. It is a practice I enjoy. It was a wonderful time of fellowship, and but a small glimpse of our future in Heaven together, as a part of God's family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home