A Place Called Home

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States

I am a wife of 40years and a mother of six, mother-in-law to four, and grandmother to fifteen. I completed my 24 years of homeschooling. I have lived many years of my adult life in Italy and Greece.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Special Friends


Today has been a long and emotional day. When I moved to Henderson three years ago, I prayed that God would send "kindred spirits" into my life. Oh, how he blessed me! From their early arrivals on my front porch bearing sourdough bread and a lasagna dinner, I knew I'd been blessed. Today, both of these dear friends are hurting. Dana lost her sweet sister, Gail, in a horrible car accident, leaving two little boys with no mama. There are no easy answers, only grief and sorrow at the life which was cut short too soon. I then went and visited my friend, Nancy. She had called this morning to tell me that the Dr. had not had good news, and that she did have leukemia. How I wish I could carry these dear sister's loads. I was already saddened by Nancy's upcoming move, but now I want to help her through this, and I will be so far away. I know God will carry her burdens, but I want to be His arms and legs. On days like this I am so glad to know that this life is not all there is. I see such faith in my dear friends. We do not know what the future holds for any of us, but we do know who holds the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home