A Place Called Home

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States

I am a wife of 40years and a mother of six, mother-in-law to four, and grandmother to fifteen. I completed my 24 years of homeschooling. I have lived many years of my adult life in Italy and Greece.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A Surprise Visit


I'm so excited! God's timing is so perfect. My friend, Mona Lee, called yesterday and she is coming for a short visit. She will be here tonight and stay until lunchtime on Wednesday. She is my dear, dear friend. We met back in 1990 when her family joined us for a semester in Italy. I had heard a lot about her, and what an amazing person she was for several years. At the time she had four children ages 4 to 16 and my four were 4 to 9. I watched her every move. To this day, I don't believe she knew how much I needed her. For the previous six years I had been on my own as a mother. There were no other mothers with children in my congregation in Italy, thus no real support group. We both love good books (some of my very favorite books were gifts from her over the years), our families and the Lord. For five years she shared her gift of Music with my daughter, Chelsea. She taught her piano and many life lessons! She has been there for me through numerous crises, showers, weddings, rehearsal dinners, moves, etc.If we could somehow combine all of our knowledge of nutrition and exercise we could make a mint(unless they needed photos to go with our dieting advice:)I sincerely thank God for this friendship and all it has meant to me over the years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home