A Place Called Home

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States

I am a wife of 40years and a mother of six, mother-in-law to four, and grandmother to fifteen. I completed my 24 years of homeschooling. I have lived many years of my adult life in Italy and Greece.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Stitches of Love


My favorite memories of my Mother all seem to involve sewing. I remember sitting and watching her as she sewed me beautiful outfits as a child. My sisters and I always had coordinated Easter dresses. She sewed ballet costumes each year for the recital in exchange for ballet lessons for my sisters and I. She sewed beautiful clothes for my little girls with smocking and lace inserts. In the later years she sewed amazing quilts for each of her grandchildren. I knew each special item was stitched with much love. Today I was flooded with memories as I spent my day sewing little rompers for my grandson. He looks adorable no matter what he wears, but he will look especially adorable in his new romper with puppy dog buttons! And with each stitch I took I said a prayer for this precious child , that he will grow to be a man of God...and always know how very loved he is by his Grandma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home