A Place Called Home

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States

I am a wife of 40years and a mother of six, mother-in-law to four, and grandmother to fifteen. I completed my 24 years of homeschooling. I have lived many years of my adult life in Italy and Greece.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Italian Reunion


We're heading to Searcy this evening, when Terry finishes teaching, for the reunion of former missionaries to Italy. I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the older couples that meant so much to me during our early days on the field. Several have had health issues in the past several years. Doris Bybee, Carolyn Moore, Joyce Shackelford, and Frankie Mitchell--just to name a few-- were such beautiful examples of Titus 2 women. My Italian language skills were awful, I had four children under age five, and was thousands of miles away from my family. I'm sure there were many times when they bit their tongue or rolled their eyes that I will never know about! I knew that the one thing that bound us together with our various ages, life experiences, etc., was our love for those Italians that were lost. The Italians are such a warm and generous people, and it still grieves me that Miranda and Antonio, Renata and Lorenzo, Anna, Antonio, Mario, the Bigliotti's- just to name a few- do not have a relationship with our Lord. I love the hills of Tuscany, the slower pace of life, strolling through the weekly market. But what really calls me back is these dear friends that I long to share eternity with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home