A Place Called Home

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States

I am a wife of 40years and a mother of six, mother-in-law to four, and grandmother to fifteen. I completed my 24 years of homeschooling. I have lived many years of my adult life in Italy and Greece.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Christmas Day 2006

This morning we woke up at about 6AM to the voices of our sons Brandon, Jordan and Christian. The little boys were wide awake with excitement, and Brandon was wide awake from jetlag! It was such a joy to lay there and listen to them giggle and tell jokes.At 7AM we all lined up behind the papered over doorway, by age- Gabriel was in front- and then ran through the paper! Santa had arrived! There were darts flying from crossbows, the thumps of a pogo stick from the kitchen, and much oohing and awwing over gifts (except for the cries of frustration from Chelsea because Justin had ducttaped her gift so she wouldn't look at it ahead of time! We are so blessed with our family and friends.My children have grown up now, and instead of it saddening me the way I thought it would, it had brought me such joy to watch them chase their dreams. This was a special year for all of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home